Tuesday, April 10, 2012

MAC- Grape Teal Makeup Look

I decided to try out my mac samples i got from The Body Needs.

Samples Used:

*MAC Paint Pot in Imaginary (.5g) - its supposed to be a blackened navy but it actually comes out to be a blackened purple(ill swatch it and add to post later.) I found this in the clearance section and was $1.49(normally the samples are around $3.49). Last I checked though its sold out on the website.

*MAC Pigment in Teal (1/4 teaspoon - $2.29) - a blue-green shimmer, almost like the tealish color of some mallard ducks. So pretty!! I hope to come up with more looks using it. I had to have it once i saw it in an old xsparkage video.

*MAC Pigment in Grape (1/4 Tsp $2.29) - a jewel toned purple, just a really pretty color. I'm glad i picked this one out. This color is a MAC Pro color. I like that i can at least get samples of some of the pro colors from this site. :)

ok the everyday minerals foundation, mixed with the dark colors made me look old. I also dont like the fair neutral shade i wore, sorry about that.

Other Items Used:

*Wet n Wild Coloricon Pencil in Black

*Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Pen

*Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara

*Maybelline Volume Express One By One

*NYX Milk Pencil

*First i drew a line with the Wet n Wild Pencil to shape my eye.

*Next I filled it in with Imaginary.

*Next i patted on the Teal Pigment onto the inner half of the lid.

*Then I patted on Grape to the outer half of lid.

*blended

*Next I went over with WnW Pencil where i originally drew the line, then also shaded some and drew to the outer corner of my lower lashline.

*Applied Teal to the inner half of my lower lashline, and Grape to the other half.

*highlighted with milk and patted on a white shadow from the ELF Classic Palette.

*Then 1 coat Volume Express One By One followed by 1 coat of illegal length mascara, followed by one more coat of Volume Express One by One.

When i did this look for work today i did away with the ugly highlight, and i used a blue cargo swimmable pencil to line my lowerlashline and i applied NYX Extreme Blue over. I forgot to take a pic. :(

 

Other Notes: The staying power of these were awesome!! I had no fading even after work and coming home and sleeping for a few hours. I woke up and the colors hadnt budged, just my mascara had ran.

Comment Below If you like/dont like this look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment