Sunday, February 8, 2015

Morphe Brushes Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette


So I've been following Morphe Brushes on Instagram for over a year now but i've never made a purchase from them. I think I started following them because they were sponsoring a contest at some point in time and to earn an extra entry you followed their instagram page. I remember some posts at the end of december about a palette that was coming out that was hand picked by a girl named Jacyln Hill. I had no idea to be honest who she was. I was like who is this person and what's the big hoopla over this palette. lol I remember just reading comments about people being mad because they couldn't get on the site and then when they did it was sold out. I guess someone was hacking their site at the time of the launch. Well during the next week I was looking up swatches for makeup geek shadows because I was wanting to buy some and that is how i found Jaclyn hill's blog/yt channel. It was watching her videos the first week of January that i found out what her palette was all about. I had actually been wanting some warmer colors since all my shadows are more brighter shades and this seemed like a good one for me to get for those brown/cranberry shades i was looking for. Alas though when i went to purchase it from their site they hadn't restocked it yet but then my hubby reminded me that he was working a beauty show at the end of january in Long Beach. I immediately checked the website for the show and found that morphe brushes was going to be there and only a few booths over. Score!! So I had him pick it up for me while he was there. :)
I forgot to take pictures of the box when i first got it so now there is icky water spots/fingerprints on it...

These shadows are sooo amazingly pigmented. I can't believe individually these only cost $2.00 each, because that is such a good deal. The palette retails for $27.99 which makes them a $1.00 a piece.

I think the last row is my favorite. :)
No Flash
ES4 - OFF WHITE (FRO
ST)
ES54 - PEACHY GOLD W/SHIMMER (LUSTRE)
ES6 - SOFT GOLDEN PEACHY BROWN (MATTE)
ES76 - BEIGE CHAMPAGNE (SHIMMER)
ES64 - PEACHY BROWN W/SHIMMER (VELVET)
ES75 - SHINY RUST (SHIMMER)
Outdoors Flash
I've been using a couple of the first ones as an inner corner highlight.


ES67 - DUAL-INTENSITY PEACH/PINK (PEARL)
ES13 - SOFT GOLD-PEACH W/PEARL (SATIN)
ES62 - MUTED TAUPE BROWN (MATTE)
ES63 - MUTED BROWN (MATTE)
ES20 - INTENSE BROWN/GOLD W/SHIMMER (FROST)
ES47 - GOLDEN APRICOT (SHIMMER)
ES66 - VIBRANT CORAL (MATTE)

Favorites: I love both oranges. I think the first shade is pretty and can't wait to figure out a look to use it. I've been using the browns for my crease area.

Outdoors No Flash
ES33 - SOFT BABY PINK (PEARL)
ES68 - METALLIC RASPBERRY (SHIMMER)
ES16 - SOFT MUTED ROSY BROWN (SATIN)
ES15 - GOLDEN ORANGE BROWN (MATTE)
ES61 - LIGHT GOLDEN BROWN (MATTE)
ES24 - INTENSE REDDISH BROWN (MATTE)
ES74 - COPPER (SHIMMER)

Favorites: Loving the pinks. I've been using 33 and mixing with 66 to make a shiny peachy color for my lids and then pairing it with a couple of the browns.

Outdoors No Flash
ES11 - ORANGE COPPER (VELUXE PEARL)
ES59 - VIBRANT CRAN-PURPLE (MATTE)
ES38 - PINK W/BLUE PEARL (LUSTRE)
ES53 - SOFT PURPLE (PEARL)
ES48 - AMETHYST (SHIMMER)
ES71 - DEEP MAROON RED (MATTE)
ES19 - INTENSE GREEN W/SHIMMER (LUSTRE)
Outdoors Flash
Favorites: I love all of them, especially the purples and the pink shade.

I labeled each shadow with the corresponding individual shadow number.

Thoughts: I love this palette. For the most part the shadows are super pigmented and the ones that aren't can be built up. h colors I have used so far blend easily without much trouble wich is also a plus. I work in the stock room and coming home after 8 to 9 hours working my shadows look pretty good with minor fading in the crease area. I highly recommend this palette if you were looking for some warm shades and some pops of color as well. I can see myself using this palette for everyday looks. I'm also interested in trying out some of their brushes. Anybody have any recommendations??

Editing Notes: All the swatches were dry swatches. I didn't use any primer or anything like that. I just swatched each shadow with my fingers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment