Thursday, April 12, 2012

Foundation Samples and Mini Haul

So my skin has been acting  up a lot lately. So i went to the mall today to get some foundation samples. The ladies at the stores were very helpful. I first went to sephora to get a makeup forever sample, since i have heard good things about it but after answering a few of her questions she decided i should try Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation in 1.2. She also gave me a sample of kate somervill gentle exfoliate. She told me it was made for sensitive skin. I needed one for my flaking skin on my nose and chin. Its superrrr expensive, so hopefully i dont fall in love with it. It retails for $65.00. I guess theres stuff out there alot more expensive, but for a girl on a budget, that is way out of my price range for someone with a Ross Dress for Less salary. I hope it just takes away my flakes for now. I also bought some skin care items to try out. The 100 pt samples were Tarte Lights Camera Lashes and Philosphy Purity. I decided to keep accumulating my points. Ive never gotten to the 500 pt yet because i was always spending them on a sample but i am at 396, so only $104 to go.

*Sephora Instant Moisturizer (1 oz) - $12

*Sephora Supreme Cleansing Foam(1.69 oz) - $7

*Sephora Express Cleansing Wipes (10 ct) - $4

*Smashbox Studioskin 15 hr Wear Sample in 1.2 - Full Bottle Retails for $42.00

*Kate Somervill Gentle Exfolikate Sample - Full Bottle 2 oz Retails for $65.00

*Shiseido  Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Sample (.06 oz) -  Full Bottle 1.oz Retails for $30


When i was walking to Sephora  I noticed they had put in a MAC store so of course I had to stop in. I was swatching all kinds of things. There was 4 colors i kept looking at but i decided i could only bring 1 home. The colors were Coppering, Expensive Pink, Star Violet, and Cranberry. I first picked out coppering but went with Expensive Pink. Its like a Pink, Peachy, Gold color, its super pretty!! It seemed the most versatile of the 4 shades. I also was swatching some eye liners and it was love at first swipe for the Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Undercurrent. Its a really shiny emerald green. The color is just TDF in my opinion. They were out of sample cups, so i went to Dillards and got a sample of Satinfinish in NC15. The girl said they were told recently that they were phasing it out. The girl said she loved this  product and its one of the reasons she works at the MAC counter. She said if they discontinue it and dont get a replacement, she's putting her two weeks in. lol She said it was what she was wearing and it looked flawless. Can't wait to try my sample. The full size bottle retails for $29. She gave me a lot so i can really see how i like it.


*MAC Shadow in Expensive Pink - $15

*MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Undercurrent - $15

*MAC Mineralized Satin Finish Sample in NC15 - Full Bottle Retails for $29

Then when I was walking through Macy's to get to my car I stopped at the Estee Lauder counter and the lady gave me a sample of the Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup Foundation in Shell. The full size bottle retails for $35.

*Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup Foundation Sample - Full Bottle retails for $35.

Once I try these out, i will do a review of them. Im hoping to at least like one of them and if its the smashbox i like i will be on a lookout most likely for a comparing foundation since its more then what im really wanting to spend. $29 for the mac one is more then i have ever spent on a foundation(I use to buy Clinique Perfectly Real for $23) but the price is more reasonable. No purchase was needed to get these samples.

 

Other notes: I did my Black Widow look today for work and will have to redo it and take pics this weekend. I didnt have time this morning for pics, i was running late for work. I watched Iron Man 2 last night and paused it when they had close ups of Scarlett Johansson's eye makeup in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment