Friday, January 18, 2013

Cheshire Cat/VDay Look

I decided to use some of my new colors that I got from BFTE Cosmetics. I originally did this look on Tuesday. But I didnt like how it turned out. I then saw that Easymakeup makeupblog on FB had some Cut Crease Picture Tutorials. I used it yesterday and decided to recreate my tuesday look using the same tutorial.



The colors reminded me of Valentine's Day. Vday is one of my favorite Holidays. Probably because of the colors, hearts, love, etc... I love romantic stuff. I just find it to be so cute. :) I love chick flicks and of course my hubby hates them. I love Pretty Woman, The Notebook, Grease, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Clueless, Dear John, Bridgit Jones's Diary, Sweet Home Alabama, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Breakfast at Tiffanys, When Harry Met Sally, Devil Wears Prada, etc...



Next month Ill start having a chick flick marathon. Have a favorite girl movie you love to watch?? I have some I havent watched in a few years like Legally Blonde, 27 Dresses, The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and many more.



2 people at work today said my look reminded them of my favorite character from Alice in Wonderland, the Cheshire Cat.



This is the tutorial I used to create this look. I didnt follow it completely but I did the basics. :)



Items Used:

BFTE Cosmetics Midnight Kisses
BFTE Cosmetics Passion
BFTE Cosmetics Meteor Shower
BFTE Cosmetics Big Ego
Mon Ennui Cosmetics Cupcake Addict
The Body Needs Siren
Elf Liquid Liner
NYX Jumbo Pencil Milk









*First Applied Primer (Elf Primer)
*Applied a cut crease with Purple Liner. (UD 24/7 Liner Ransom)
*Filled in lid with white base. (NYX Jumbo Pencil Milk)
*Applied Matte Pink Shadow to Lid. (Mon Ennui Cupcake Addict)
*Applied Bright Midtone Pink over Matte Pink (BFTE Passion)
*Applied more Purple Liner .
*Blended some Purple Shadow over Liner. (BFTE Midnight Kisses)
*Blended Pinkish Red Shadow to the edges of Purple Shadow. (The Body Needs Siren)
*Applied Dark Purple to lower lashline. (BFTE Big Ego)
*Applied Sparkly Dark Grayish Black over Dark Purple. (BFTE Meteor Shower)
*Applied White Shadow to Highlight (Elf 100 Pc Palette)
*Applied Liner. (Elf Liquid Liner)
*Coat of Mascara (Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara)


Other Notes:



My hubby got me the Samsung DV300 Dual View Camera for Vday/Anniversary. I'm still trying to figure out the right settings to have it on to take pictures for my blog. Sorry if my pictures above are dark. Everytime I use the flash im whited out in the picture. I like that this camera includes a Beauty Shot setting which will be good for full face pics once I get the settings right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment