Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bare Minerals Fresh and Fabulous

I had a 20% off coupon that expired on Christmas Eve at Ulta. Its one of the loyalty coupons they send out that can even be used on prestige cosmetic brands. I didn't have a lot of money to spend but I couldnt let my coupon goto waste either. I went to Ulta a few days before Christmas and saw that they were having a sale on the Fresh and Fabulous set by Bare Minerals. It was marked down from $25 to $19 (Retail value of $74). 



I thought this was a good deal considering all the items are full size. I had been meaning to try one of their mascaras and found this to be the perfect oppurtunity. With my coupon it came to be $15.00 plus tax. I also bought a gold liner and cream shadow from NYX. 



Description from Bare Minerals website:

GET FRESH AND FLAUNT IT. Wake up your look with bursts of irresistible colour. This wonderfully wearable collection for face, eyes and lips has everything you need for bright, brilliant, wow-worthy beauty. With warm, glimmering eyes, lush lashes, glossy berry lips and a luminous complexion, you're ready to reveal a fresh, fabulous new you.

  • Soft Focus True All-Over Face Color 
  • Peach Surprise Eyecolor 
  • Flaunt Eyecolor 
  • Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara In Black
  • Natural Lipgloss in Sugared Strawberry (shimmering strawberry)



All-Over Face Color in Soft Focus True: Sheer Dusty Rose with shimmer.





This color will bring a nice glow to your cheeks. 



Eyecolor in Peach Surprise: Iridescent Rosy Pink is its description on site. I find it to be a shiny peach color that reflects pink. Makes me think of seashells. Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette's shadow Soulmates is similar but its lighter.



Inside Lighting with Flash Inside with no Flash

Dry and then over Primer (Elf)



Eyecolor in Flaunt: Golden Toffee. Its a beige brown with golden sparkles.

Inside lighting with Flash Inside Lighting no Flash

Dry and then over Primer (ELF)



Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara in Black.



I thought this applied amazingly. I love how it looks on my lashes. :) 



Natural Lipgloss in Sugared Strawberry: Shimmering Strawberry. I found this to be a light Strawberry Shortcake Pink gloss with shimmer. I would say its a sheer nude mauve pink shimmer. 





The color didnt show up very well on my lips.



My skin was extra dry yesterday and it didnt help that I had fallen asleep watching a movie with my makeup still on (which is a no no) the night before. 











*Started with Primer. (ELF)
*NYX Milk to lid and smoothed out. (Today I used a peachy cream shadow)
*Applied Peach Surprise to Lid and inner corner.
*Smudged Peach Suprise to the lower lashes.
*Applied Flaunt to the crease.
*Smudged Flaunt to lower lashline.
*Lined upper lashline with UD 24/7 Liner in Zero.
*Then smudged a cargo purple liner and estee lauder black pencil to lower lashline.
*Then applied some flaunt back over with a mini smudge brush.
*Applied UD 24/7 Liner in Woodstock.
*2 Coats of BM Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara



I think this set is good for a neutral everyday look. The colors make me think of seashells and sand for some reason.



Thought I would share a picture of the Hello Kitty on my shirt.



OFF Topic Notes:

I wore this look yesterday to the Cheesecake Factory. We had gotten a gift card to there from a friend of ours. Our waitress looked identical to Autumn from The Daily Glamour. She could be her long lost twin. I showed a picture to my hubby and he agreed.



This Peppermint Bark Cheesecake was Amazing!!! It took me 3 sittings to eat this whole piece though. My hubby got strawberry shortcake since he doesnt like cheesecake. Though he tasted mine and tried to steal it.



I finally got a pet. Since we live in a small apt and cost a lot of money I havent been able to have a dog or cat anything. My hubby surprised me on Monday by taking me to Petsmart and getting these 2 Hermit Crabs for me. Their names are Zoidberg and Frye (Futurama characters). I've wanted a pet hermit crab for a long time. When I moved to FL a year after I graduated high school, we went to Cedar Key. While we were swimming I kept noticing this crab to come out and see me. I realized it was a hermit crab. Foolish me decided to take it home with me, and he died like after a couple days. I was sad. I remember going to one of the shops in St. Augustine and seeing Hermit Crabs. I really wanted to take one home, but I never did. So i'm super happy. We lucked out and got 2 friendly crabs. 1 is more active during the day (Frye) and the other is more active during the night. (Zoidberg). Since this look reminds me of seashells, these kind of fit in since they have seashells on their backs. :p This is probably why I have seashells on the brain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment