Sunday, October 3, 2010

Little About Me

My name is Bethany and i have been interested in beauty products since i was little girl. It all started when i got my tinkerbell nail polish and lip gloss. I wasn't allowed to wear make up until my first day of HS. I remember not knowing how or well not seeing that i needed to blend my foundation out. I was using some of my sisters Maybelline or Covergirl Liquid Foundation.. It looked more like i had a mask on. My mom seeing this took me to the PX on base to get my own makeup. I got Cover Girl powder in moyen pale. I remember it had a turquoise lid, wet n wild black mascara, Bonne Bell Lip gloss, and my shadows i picked up at a downtown market in Sittard, The Netherlands. I didnt wear much make up threw HS. Nobody ever knew i wore make up... I was a pretty lucky teenager that didnt have to go through the whole acne thing. I dont think i got a pimple til i was 20 years old or so?? I remember sleeping in my make up all the time.. Now that I am older I know now to wash it off every night. My other obsession during this time was Bath and Body Works, though ermm it definitely still is lol My BBW obsession started in 6th or 7th grade when in a gift exchange in school i got an Iced Pineapple Gift Set. There after i remember when we would change into our P.E. Clothes in 8th grade a bottle of either Country Apple or Plumeria would go around the locker room so none of us would have ashy legs. Memories.. lol Now fast forward to a few years ago when I was working at Sears in the mall and a Sephora store opened up. I was in heaven!!!! I had only been using drug store brands for years(maybelline, cover girl, bonne bell, and rimmel), and one step into that store i started mixing in higher end cosmetics into the rotation. I my first high end purchase however was a year or so before i got married.. so 2004.. My first high end purchase was the Clinique 3 step care because i started to get a pimple here and there, MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing, MAC Shadow in Swish, and a Clinique lipstick. I didnt use my mac products and clinique lipstick often because i was trying to have them last.. But omg one swipe of that shade stick on my lids and brushing swish over, it was a whole different ball park. Anyways.. fast forward back to my first Sephora Purchase. I brought home the Urban Decay Wallpaper Palette. I tried to hide it from my hubby, because i just knew what he would say if he knew how much it cost me, $34 by the way before tax. I never dreamed that i would spend so much on a beauty product, but i'm so glad i did.. my wallet though wasn't ;) Since then I have used other products from Urban Decay, MAC, Too Faced, Vincent Longo, Sephora store brand, YSL, Lancome, Clinique, Sugar, Bourjois, Smashbox, Stila, Opi, Orly, Essie, etc.. I discovered Coastal Scents not too long ago, and i love my 88 shimmer palette. I just picked up a couple weeks ago a Konad Nail Stamping Kit. Now i'm awaiting for my Book of Shadows III to arrive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment