Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mardi Gras Manicure

Going to a Mardi Gras themed bridal shower on saturday. I wanted to repaint my nails today and one of my new polishes from my secret cupid seemed like a perfect MG purple. The name Flying Dragon, seemed to go along with the theme as well. Im not the greatest at nail art but i tried lol This wasnt that hard to do.

Colors Used:

*Wet n Wild Sagreena the Teenage Witch

*Color Club Sugar Plum Yum(scented!!)

*Color Club Gingerbread

*China Glaze Neon Flying Dragon

*Migi Nail Art Manicure Pen in Black and Blue(Not Pictured)

*Seche Vite Top Coat(Not Pictured)

*First I applied a base coat(Beauty Secrets from Sally's)

*Next I put nail guide stickers on the middle of each nail going diagonally.

*Then I painted one side with Sagreena and the other with Flying Dragon.

*I took the nail guide off to see which color i needed to add more. Then i painted in the bare spot.

*Im impatient with drying so i added one thin coat of Seche Vite.

*Next I applied Gingerbread to the tips of my fingers.

*I then went over it with Sugar Plum, Yum.

*I found it didnt cover all the green and purple underneath so i applied Gingerbread yet again to be more opaque.

*Next I drew a line with the black migi nail art pen under the glitter. (drawing with my left hand wasnt the greatest, sorry :()

*Applied Seche Vite so lines wouldnt smear(though i accidentally smeared my thumb and middle finger :/)

*Next I drew a little mask on my thumb with the Migi Nail Art Pens in Black, Blue, and Yellow

*applied seche vite

I have a hurt finger :( keep stabbing it at work when reaching in my bucket for a pin to hard tag clothes.

I took a better pic of Color Club Gingerbread so you can see all the sparkly goodness.



No comments:

Post a Comment