Sunday, February 5, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eye Studio 24 Hour Eye Shadows - Pic Heavy!!

These seem to be the major hype. I discovered these the day after christmas when i went to shop at walmart for the day after christmas sale. My friend needed something from the cosmetics section. While she was checking out i spotted next to the register a display containing these pretty new eye shadows as well as a new eye liner and mascara. I was running low on funds so i decided to pick just one. It came down between a teal and a taupe. I decided to get Tough as Taupe, as well as the Master Drama Precise Eye Liner Pen(always a sucker to try different ones of these). I was actually surprised that the price tag for these was only $5.84. So i tried the liner first and was in love. I didnt try the taupe til about a week later or so when i decided to try out the elf palette i got for christmas. The shadow just looked like it would be a good base. When i saw them they screamed out MAC Paint Pots to me. I was very impressed when i wore it for the first time. It did not budge. 12 hours later when i went to take it off, it look like i had just put it on. I decided i needed to get some more so a few weeks ago I took advantage of the Ulta buy 1 get 1 half off sale and went on 2 different occassions so i could use the $3.50 off $10 purchase coupon.

When i was swatching them i found that I forgot the taupe. :/ These are swatched on my bare arm with no primer or anything.

Flash

No Flash

 

Tough as Taupe is a Matte Greige Taupe. It goes on darker then what it shows in the pot. There is no sparkle or sheen, a true matte.

Tenacious Teal is a Bright Peacock Teal. Its one of those colors thats an attention getter. I wore this to work one day and people kept stopping me to admire my eye shadow. A fellow co worker said i looked like a doll. It does have some micro sparkles in it.

Pomegranate punk looks more like a dark maroon in the pot but when applied its a dark brownish brick red color. It has some sheen to it.

Edgy Emerald is a light sea foam green with sparkles. I found this to apply sheer but the color can be built up.  I found patting it on with my finger made it more opaque


Fierce and Tangy is a matte tangerine orange. Its the most pigmented color i have if you can see from the swatch above. Ive been using this color a lot for a base.

Too Cool is a Pearlescent White. I bought it thinking it would be like the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk but its not. I wish Milk had the staying Power of Too Cool. I have pics to compare the 2. I have used it as a base though but i add a little milk to make it more opaque.

NYX Jumbo Pencil Milk

 

There are a few more colors I dont have: Painted Purple(shown in promo pic), Bad to the Bronze, Audacious Asphalt, and Bold Gold.

 

Comments: I find they apply better patting them on with your finger then i do using a brush. I recommend not using a eye shadow primer, because the 2 times i did it made the colors harden and crack. They stay better when used without them. They also help to make powder shadows last longer when you use them underneath for a base. I tested wearing one of them through the shower and did not budge. These are really awesome and cant believe they are a drugstore product and that they are so cheap. They range from $5.84 to $6.99, depending on the store you goto. Of all the shades i have Too Cool is the 1 i wouldnt recommend, but what didnt work for me might work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment