Monday, November 26, 2012

The Body Needs Haul - Christmas Colors

TBN had a sale for Veteran's day a couple weeks ago, so I decided to pick up some christmas colors. I also got the pink I have been wanting from them as well. I thought I had ordered 24K Gold with this order but I hadnt so I ordered it with my Black Friday order. 







Indoor Flash



Outdoor No Flash



Outdoor - Flash


No Flash

Shamrock: Bright Green Pearl (Jungle Green)
Notes: I found this can apply dark and kind of sheer. It worked better to pat this color onto your eye then sweeping it on. I recommend using a base before applying this color. It might work better with a mixing medium (I just ordered one from BFTE). 


No Flash

Green Glitter: Sparkling Green EYE SAFE Glitter
Notes: I thought this applied well with my LA Splash Shadow/Glitter Primer. To get a more even coverage I use a brush like the Soho Smudge Brush (September Glam Bag). 

Flash
No Flash

Cherry Blossom: Soft, Muted Baby Pink Frost
Notes: I havent used this shadow on my eyes yet, but can't wait too!! It reminds me of the Flirt! shadow Birthday Cake I used to wear all the time a few years ago. I used it til it was gone and since I never goto Kohl's I never replaced it. 

Flash
No Flash

Metallic Merlot: Bright Burgundy Shine (Wine).
Notes: This is a nice medium shiny red shade. They suggest using this one as a lip color. Ill test it out and add a swatch. It would make a good color for Gryffindor Eye Looks. 




Smoked Pink: Smokey Grey with a Flash of Pink
Notes: This one looked almost exactly like Smoked Silver when swatching. I'm not for sure how it looks applied to the eye because I've yet to use it. I got it to use with some of my pink shades like Princess Pink.

Flash
No Flash

Smoked Silver: Smokey Grey with a Flash of Silver (Steel gray with silver shimmer)
Notes: This shade applied to the eyes kind of paleish. I find that it works best using a darker color underneath. I found Steal the Night worked good. This has a lot of Silver Shimmer in it.

Add  supernova pic

Supernova: Medium Teal Blue with High Shimmer Gold
Notes: Forgot to take picture of the shadow. I will update it later. This color was this past month's 1 cent special. To bring out the duochrome, apply it over a black base. (NYX Black Bean, UD Zero/Perversion, Wet n Wild Coloricon Black Pencil work good)

Where to Buy: TheBodyNeeds
Price: $1.99 for 5g, $3.79 for 10g, and $3.99 for Crush pot (panned shadow)



Christmas Eye Look I came up with, Christmas Cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment