Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chrome Zebra Mani

So i was watching a youtube video someone posted on tpf on a lisa frank zebra mani and decided to try out a sponging manicure for the first time. I found the process to be kind of messy lol

Materials Used:

*Opi Lincoln Park After Dark

*Color Club Foiled Collection

*Konad Special Polish in Black

*Seche Vite Top Coat

*Beauty Secrets Base Coat(couldnt find my new seche vite one :/)

*Make Up Sponge

*Konad Stamper and Scraper

*Bundle Monster Plate 16

*Qtips

*Cotton Balls

Flash

No Flash

I'll take a sunlight pics tomorrow. :)

*First I applied Beauty Secrets Base Coat on my nails.

*Then after base is dried i applied one coat of Opi Lincoln Park After Dark on each nail.

*Im impatient so i applied seche vite on top.

*Once dry starting with one corner of the sponge i dabbed Hot Like Lava on it and then sponged it on the right lower corner of each nail. Don't worry if you get it past your nail, just use a qtip and np remover to wipe it away at the end.

*Using the opposite corner of sponge i dabbed on Cold Metal and sponged it on the Right Upper Corner.

*I turned the sponge over and dabbed Perfect Mol-ten and sponged it on the lower left corner of my nails.

*On the opposite corner i dabbed Foil Me Once and sponged on the upper left corner of my nails.

*Then I dabbed Lumin-icecent on a corner of the sponge and dabbed it in the middle of my nails.

* I then allowed them to dry(about 2 or 3 minutes).

*I then took the konad black and stamped the Zebra Print from plate BM16 on each of my nails. The stamp isnt big enough to cover a few of the nails, so i apply the black over half the print and then stamp it on the remainder of the nail.

*Then i wait a minute before applying the top coat to make sure the black doesnt smear.

*Then after top coat dries, dip a qtip in some nail polish remover and clean up around the nails. My hands have been extra dry from the hot weather we have been having forever and its hard for me to remove. I need to go over them again now that i allowed my nails to dry longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment