Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wet and Wild Coloricon Trios - Walking on Eggshells, Cool as a Cucumber, I Dream of Greenie, and Spoiled Brat

I picked up spoiled brat awhile ago, along with 2 of the 8 palette ones(which i can review and swtch later). I picked up I DREAM OF GREENIE last week from walgreens. A week before that i picked up COOL AS A CUCUMBER and WALKING ON EGGSHELLS from Big Lots. The BL next to my work is moving to the other side of us into a bigger building and had the whole store on sale. This past weekend it was 50% off.  I really love these color icon palettes. They are such a bargain at $1.99 to $2.99 depending on where you go. The 8 palettes are $5.99?? I think. Im waiting for walgreens to have another wet and wild sale(50% off) so i can buy the blue 8 palette. I bought the other 2 during their last sale. They are very pigmented, and with primer cant last even through working in a stock room with no ac or fan.

Wet and Wild I Dream of Greenie and Spoiled Brat


The I Dream of Greenie has a lime green, sea foam green, and then a light minty type green. When applied i think of a peacock. Im sure a blue eye liner would go really well.

I Dream of Greenie

I applied the shadows over a base of NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil to make the colors pop more. I also used Revlon Liquid Eye Liner Pen and Loreal's Telescopic Waterproof Mascara.

I Dream of Greenie

 

Spoiled Brat has  a hot pink color for the lid, a sparkly black for the crease, and a silver for the highlight.

Spoiled Brat

My brush didnt seem to be working with me while trying to apply the black.. It usually applies better. The thing with the black is also you want to make sure to tap off your brush, well really most of these colors because you most likely will pick up more shadow then you had planned too. So unless you want black speckles on your face(idk maybe you do lol ;)), i would tap or blow on the brush or applicator to get the excess off. I like to wear this trio when im going out on a friday or saturday night.

Spoiled Brat

I believed i used Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in Flame and MAC's Hello Kitty Tippy Blush. My skin has looked awful lately and i dont know why :(

Walking on Eggshells - Flash Walking on Eggshells - No Flash Cool as a Cucumber

Swatches

The colors in the WALKING ON EGGSHELLS make me think leopard print and colors Kim Kardashian would wear. Theres a nice peachy color for the eye lid, a milk chocolate brown for the lid, and shimmery cream color for the highlight. The COOL AS A CUCUMBER trio consists of a dark forest green for the lids, a deep purple for the crease, and a pale shimmery spring green for the lid.


Walking on Eggshells

I decided to add in some leopard spots using a liquid eye liner pen, though i could have drawn them a lot better... I quickly did it. I also used UD 24/7 Eye Liner in Whiskey for my lower lashline and Revlon Colorstay Black Eye Liner on upper lashline.

Cool as a Cucumber

I had a hard time trying to get the colors to show up the way they look IRL, but it wasn't happening unfortunately :/ I did however find that the green was kind of hard to apply. You definitely need a nrush for the purple to get it to show up, as well as the green.

Cool as a Cucumber

I found that cool as a cucumber was my least favorite of the bunch. The colors make me think of UD shadows i have though. If you find my posting for Alice and Wonderland's Caterpillar look, these are the colors they remind me of.

No comments:

Post a Comment