Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween 2013 - Despicable Me Minion Part 1. Accessories

I went to a Halloween Party on Saturday and I went dressed up as a minion. Guess who won best costume.. This girl did!! :D 


I bought my costume at Spirit Halloween but I got some ideas for accessories when I came across the Minion Spook Book by Bethany Motta (MACBARBIE07)



I just ordered a yellow beanie off of ebay ($1.50) and I got some pipe cleaners from Hobby Lobby (97 cents).

*i cut up some of the pipe cleaners and put them through the top of my beanie to make hair. 

Items for Goggles:
*2 2-in round PVC Pipe cut at an angle. (Bought the smallest one at Home Depot for $3.00)
*6 Nuts (6 cents each at Lowes)
*Elastic ($1.25 at Hobby Lobby)
*Gray Fast Dry Spray Paint ($1.57 at Walmart)
*2 Toilet Paper Rolls (Cut them up to make the outside accent)
*Twisty Tie
*Hot Glue Gun and Glue
*Needle and Thread
*Foam

*First cut 2 pieces of PVC Pipe at an angle. (My hubby made mine too big, but oh well).
*I then took the tp rolls and cut them into strips.
*I then placed them around the pvc pipe. (I taped them on but glue might work better).
*I then glued on the nuts. (3 on each)
*I then sprayed painted them with the gray fast drying spray paint. (I waited til the next day to put them together.)
*Then I drilled holes on the sides where you are going to place them together.
*Then I took a twist tie to put them together.

*To make sure they held together I applied some hot glue on the outside in the middle on both sides. 

*Then I drilled holes on the outside and using the needle and thread I sewed on the elastic.

*Then using more hot glue I applied the foam. This makes the goggles more comfortable to wear.

I applied it kind of sloppily but it works. :p

:D



No comments:

Post a Comment